Opportunities With ERI Partners
The Environmental Research Institute offers many opportunities in an attempt to strengthen research capacity of Belize. Here we host opportunities provided by our various partners to our local students.
Biodiveristy Monitoring and Education Internship
Ya’axché is looking for a full-time, self-motivated intern to take on the implementation of Ya’axché’s community-based bird monitoring programme, to assist with the introduction of education materials on birds in primary schools, to conduct a camera trap study, and to assist in Ya’axché’s long-term biodiversity monitoring program.
Specific tasks will include:
- Community-based bird monitoring programme
- Bird Education
- Long-term biodiversity monitoring
- Camera trap study
The duration of the internship will be six (6) months and will be based either in Punta Gorda town, or in Ya’axché’s field center by Golden Stream village. The intern will be provided with a monthly stipend of 500BZ$. Work related travel costs and field rations will be compensated as well.
For more information download PDF HERE
||The position is only available to Belizean nationals.
- an associates degree or higher in a relevant area (e.g. NRM, ecology, conservation)
- a strong interest in biodiversity, ecosystem functions and conservation
- a willingness to work irregular hours and sometimes during weekends
- a willingness to spend time in the field, working with people and gathering biological data
- considerable knowledge of local fauna and flora
- working knowledge of MSOffice Word, Excel and Powerpoint or similar packages
- good organisational skills
- good quantitative skills
- good writing skills
- good personal interaction skills, with cultural sensitivity
- a work attitude that is independent, precise, pro-active and positive
||June - July 2013
|How to apply:
||Please send a cover letter and a CV to
, or in printed format to the address below, no later than Thursday 27 May 2013.
We have no more opportunities available at this moment.
To be quickly informed when we do, follow us on Facebook.